Friday 15 February 2013

strange love: revlon colorburst lip butters

hi loves.
today im giving you my long overdue, stale, rancid review of revlon's colorburst lip butters.

why stale? why rancid?
well becos everyone and their mother has probably heard of or owned one or more of these lip butters.
and considering i got my first lip butter early last year... but then again i had no blog then... so.

and need i mention the many well written and detailed reviews and swatches of these babies.
i think ive read one review with swatches of the entire colour range!

but since this is my blog, i can do what i want and that includes adding to the beauty blogosphere one more review of these revlon colorburst lip butters.

and i hope you&your mother will like this review. my 2cents ^ - ^

i have three lip butters for you





out of the tube


left to right:-
#050 berry smoothie
#085 sugar plum
#096 macaroon
i will review them in this order too

#050 berry smoothie


swatched on my lips


note that all lip swatches are done without lip balm and taken indoors.

i have done a lipsoftheday entry with berry smoothie already, it's here.
here's the swatch taken outdoors


well i can safely say berry smoothie is my favourite.
berry smoothie is supposed to be erm, a berry colour but on my violet tinged lips, it appears more of a light pink mauve with pink shimmers. you can see the shimmers in the indoors pic.
berry smoothie goes on sheer but look at that shine!

i used to think sugar plum was my mlbb shade but now i give that honour to berry smoothie.

berry smoothie is a very complimentary colour that i believe can adapt to different natural lip colours to enhance them. it is a colour i reach out often for because it is just very low maintenance and easy to wear.

def repurchase worthy.

#085 sugar plum


swatched on my lips


sugar plum was my second lip butter purchased at bangkok airport duty free for around sg$9 or under... at that time sugar plum wasn't available in sg yet so you could imagine my delight.
im kicking myself for not getting other colours like red velvet there urgh! too distracted by the nars counter behind!

sugar plum is more berry and pigmented in colour than berry smoothie and is a plum shade with red undertones.
it is also a mlbb shade as many have reviewed online to be their mlbb shade.

another lovely everyday colour!

#096 macaroon


swatched on my lips


my first lip butter, macaroon is a uk exclusive.
on me, macaroon appears a browned terracotta red with shimmer. the lip swatch above is slightly muted in colour than in real life.
macaroon is also the most pigmented of the three i have.

it is a wearable red for people who are getting to wear red lipsticks for the first time.
i like it lots but not as much ever since i got berry smoothie... heh

all swatched on my hand


top to bottom:-
berry smoothie/ sugar plum/ macaroon

as you can see, berry smoothie is the sheerest and with macaroon being the most pigmented and creamy.

overall thoughts
lemme set this straight.

if you are looking for lots of hydration for your lips, this ain't it.

if you are looking for full on, long staying colour, this ain't it.

revlon colorburst lip butter is not a full fledged lip balm or lipstick.
it is a mutant.
a lip balm/ lip gloss/ lip stick hybrid.

it does all three functions but not to the maximum.

revlon colorburst lip butter applies and glides on like a lip balm. hydration is ok, it does plump up my lips a bit and i discovered that this lip butter is quite forgiving.
i can apply it even when my lips are a little dry n chapped.

the amazing thing is the mirror shine the lip butters give.
i did not apply any gloss to my lips in those swatches above!
love...

but the best thing is how comfortable the lip butters feel on my lips. i don't feel like im wearing any lip product and they glide on smoothly and creamy to buildable colour.

wear time for me is around 2hr plus. which is ok imo.

im hoping to collect the other shades like pink truffle.

till then i confess im in love with a multi tasking mutant. help!

xoxo,
nais.

(revlon colorburst lip butters cost sg$15.90 here)








No comments:

Post a Comment

heyy... be nais.