Wednesday 9 January 2013

anais anais by cacharel: proud to smell like a granny

second post in a day. that's a record...
after reminiscing fondly about my first makeup/beauty encounters, i feel the need to share with you my first adult perfume; a classic by cacharel.

anais anais by cacharel is my first adult perfume acquisition and i remember the day i brought it home with me, anais anais became my blue eyed girl and the other 'baby' cheap perfumes i used to spray and scent my archie comics (yes i did that... the idea was to catch a soft whiff of fragrance each time i turned the page o_0 ) had to make way to the back of my cupboard drawer for the french young thing (ok she's not that young having been created in 1978).

anais anais was like my little secret. it made me older and different than what the other girls in class were wearing (ahem, ck one). growing up in the 90s meant that anais anais was dated and not as popular as she was with the girls growing up in the 80s... but it was ok, every time i looked at it and/or indulged in the scent i felt transported to an era i rather be in...
surrounded by pale powdered face nymphs in white loose airy and flimsy dresses nuzzling n lazing around romantically in soft focus...
then i opened my eyes only to smell ck one off almost every classmate including the boy i had a crush on and im back to reality... heh
(and yes if u must know i had a bottle of ck one too but i didn't show it much love. i got it becos said mentioned crush of mine got it)

i can't exactly remember how it smells like, to be honest.
but what i remember was that it smelled like a green floral bouquet...
the madonna lily note was predominant together with the ylang ylang and patchouli. i can't stand ylang and ylang and patchouli (eww) but they all came together very nicely in anais anais. it's like every scent melded well together like a group of actors having their own part in the play and there was no prima donna to throw her little fits around. it all worked together well.
even though yes i smelled a little granny-ish compared to the other girls who wore rose or citrus scents or whatever was popular then, i felt anais anais made me walk and talk prouder yet knowingly with a straightened back.
anais anais made me cool by being uncool.

but what i really like about anais anais was that when it dried on my skin, i could smell the (russian) leather and musk. i believe anais anais helped to cement my liking for green, leathery and musky scents.
very adult. very sensual. very sexxxy.

and before i forget, how can you not love pronouncing anais anais??
so french, so grown up! cacharel really did a great job with the overall french and goddess concept of anais anais. the perfume bottle was gorgeously vintage - rounded off white pinkish porcelain with soft focused lilies...

today anais anais is no longer in my possession but i will always remember her as the french girl who taught me a thing or two.
*hug hug kiss kiss* dear anais...

(image from hprint.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

heyy... be nais.