Tuesday 29 January 2013

my first gellish manicure

hello.
this afternoon i went for a long time coming manipedi by using a groupon voucher i bought online.

i can't even tell you how i have neglected my nails (especially toe nails) and how overgrown my cuticles are. eww...

i chose a different colour each for my hands and toes...
both are butter london polishes - a shimmer nude-ish taupe for the hands and a hot pink (butter london cake-hole. they call it 'nearly neon pink') for the toes.
but then...

i got persuaded by the manicurist to try gellish for my hands and i was like 'why not.... chinese new year is coming, a little treat is due for the festive season!'

yeah right.
every day is a festive season :P

i chose a nude brown with 3 sizes of scattered champagne gold holo glitter (fine, small and medium).
this gellish polish brand is called gelle.

now, the pics shall talk.





up close.
you can see the holo radiating their goodness here but being a glitter addict, a magpie, this amount of glitter is average for me haha.

i like how the finish is a translucent jelly, the nude brown is subtle and compliments my skin tone and how this gellish mani is gonna be low maintenance for me.
it better be!

overall thoughts
i didn't know what to expect from a gellish manicure actually, all i know is that it should last much longer than a classic mani at 3-4 weeks.

initially i chose a nude pink but the manicurist recommended this shade to me, believing it to be nicer on me than the blah nude pink. this polish will be able to match any outfit and the holo glitter adds pizzazz to the nude.

i have to agree with her choice as the shade of nude brown did not make my skin go sallow and glitter does make everything nicer.

Glitter makes the world fabulous!
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

so after alternating between applications and putting my hands under the uv lamp, my first gellish manicure was done!
the manicurist asked me to press my nails when i asked her repeatedly if they are totally dry. and i looked at her with disbelief... but they were indeed dry! no more waiting (even with seche vite!)

even while retrieving my wallet to pay i subconsciously pry my wallet very carefully in order not to ruin my manicure, only to have 3 ladies tell me that it's ok i need not be careful with my nails.
heh. too used to doing the eagle claw with my hands to avoid smudging...

would i do gellish again?
maybe. when im in the mood to spend more on my nails.
maybe not. cos the colour range is limited.

now all i need is to bear with having the same colour on my nails for about a month :(

to end this post, here's another pic of my mani taken in the day.


buhbye!
xoxo,
nais.

No comments:

Post a Comment

heyy... be nais.